Tuesday, January 18, 2005

UBUNTU

Loaded Ubuntu Linux on my PCNow I triple boot Win Xp/Slack9.1(2.4.22) and Ubuntu.
It was a real sleek install. No problems whatsoever.Some issues still need to be sorted out in Gnome.
Some progs do not open.
I am used to the CLI and my favourite Midnight commander.
Ubuntu directly opens a GUI with Gnome 2.8.0.
I need to change the background but do not know how to mount my FAT32 drive.
I am not able to login to CLI.
What is the root password ?????????.
I was planning to try out FC3 but getting the CD's will take time.
The ubuntu site has a shipit link and ships the no. of cd's for free.I had logged in and entered my name almost a month back and I got the cd's yesterday.Want to keep this setup for some time and may be will start learning networking in the near future.

No comments: