Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Where do you want to get to?

Confused
Precisely the situation I faced for the past 1.5 months.
One fine hot and humid day I got frustrated and started to think about my future and the purpose behind shifting into a IT career. And I thought hard and started to look out for a change of job. Although I am in a win-win situation in the present job with respect to location, timings,salary(decent), I am not getting the so called required exposure and so a change was due. It is really difficult to get out of this comfort(lazy) zone.

Amidst a big renovation taking place in the house, I made a successful yet thwarted attempt to change job. And finally I am back to square one. I say thwarted because I consulted too many people on the options available and got confused and each opportunity was turned down.
Too many faces too many opinions.
Finally I have decided to follow my heart rather than my mind.
I aptly remembered this passage from Alice in Wonderland and hence the title

Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
`I don't much care where--' said Alice.
`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
- Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

No comments: