Monday, February 21, 2005

General update

1> Trip to Nagpur meterialised. Was there 14-16 Feb 04
2>The obvious choice seems getting into Oracle Apps implementation but no firm steps taken as yet
3>I tried to load Slack9.1 on my Pc and found that the CD was bad. I wrote the CD in office but did not know nor had the time to find out how to make it bootable. I could not boot finally. Needed to have Linux desperately. I think it is like a drug which you are hooked on.
Finally i gave in to Ubuntu(Warty ) and loaded the same. It is Debian based.
4>Opened a Gmail account yesterday. You can get invited to open an Gmail account from the Gmail site itself. All these days was wondering of asking my friends for an invite.
5> Started subscribing to Ubuntu users mailing lists today through gmail.
6>Carried 2 books again when I visited Nagpur. This time it was "Learning Perl" -O'Reilly and "Open Source a perspective" by RMS but could not read a single page as always returned from office at 12.30p.m.
7>Bought "GNU C++ by Tom Swan". Well I am just buying books by the dozen I dont know when I will read them.
8>I had read "Are you afraid of the dark" by Sidney Sheldon a month back exchanged it with the local book seller for "Da vinci code" by Dan Brown and also bought "A brief history of time"
by Stephen Hawking". Da Vinci is supposed to be a bestseller and so wanted to read it. Every tom dick and harry is reading this book.
9>Started making yearly targets, and within them short term targets.
10>OCA/OCP-yearly, Finalise my CV w.r.t Apps by 28/2/05-short term, Learn a foreign language-yearly
11> Have to fcous on work also as year end is near and I have to plan to be ready for Audit by April 05 or May 05 Max
12> I do not get to operate my PC at home as I have to spend whole time with my kid.
13>I had joined Oracle SQL course for OCA a year back. For 3 papers there are totally 6 books.
Planning to read the basic book (Book 1) by 28/2/05

No comments: