Sunday, October 08, 2006

Blogging from Dayton, Ohio USA

I am writing this from a hotel room in Dayton,Ohio in USA on a Ibm T41 on a fast wireless connection. To be precise i am staying at the Hampton Inn on Old Yankee street in Centerville, Dayton, Ohio, USA.
Landed here on Oct 3 2006 @8.oopm.
First impressions-Very neat and clean, everything automated and online, Americans live life to the fullest with all the conveniences.
Dayton is very small and does not have a public transport system and you need to have a car to go anywhere and everywhere. That is a disadvantage for me and have to depend on someone always.
The hotel room is spacious unlike what u find in India. All toilets have hot and cold water with one system of taps (faucet as they call it in USA) everywhere. It is fully equipped big bed which can easily accomodate 3, 29 inch TV sets a iron and iron table a coffee maker with some coffee filters, fridge and microwave. Every floor has a softdrink dispenser and ice vending machine.
It is cold here as compared to Mumbai and for an indian specie like me coming out of a tropical climate it is sort of bad. The temperatures have been 20-22 deg celsius max to 4-8 deg celsius min.
This is my first international trip and as usual when u travel anywhere u forget something.
Yes I forgot to pack some books which i intended to read here and have to rely on my laptop and a cd which I burned with my online book collection.
Lets see if i can buy some here.
Now I have some time here so will try to hone my skills further.
I have been eating variety food for the last few days
Pizzas,McChicken,Veg Sub(sub is a sandwich), Dang Dang noodles, Chicken fried rice(not the Indian one), Vegeterian Pita, Gyros(Greek), Spicy chicken Burrito(Mexican).
I flew to the USA ---Mumbai-Milan-Atlanta-Dayton
In Milan I could see a confluence of various European ethnicities. Italian, Greek,Spanish,Czech Romanian etc. There are flights to everywhere in Europe, USA and Africa.
All in all agood experience lets say.

1 comment:

Akshay V said...

have fun while in dayton.. Njoi.